Tuesday, October 9, 2012

YOU COULD BE DRIVING YOUR PASTOR CRAZY



When my book, Diary of An Angry Pastor, was published, a lot people wanted to know if it was biographical. They'll walk up to me and say, "Sir, are you an angry pastor?"
Let me state categorically that I am not and have never been an angry pastor. I am a happy pastor because the good Lord has blessed me with  nicest parishioners any pastor could ever wish for. At the Redeemed Christian Church of God in Worcester Massachusetts where I currently pastor, the folks show me nothing but love.
That said, I have met a lot of frustrated pastors who sometimes wish they could take out their belts and whoop their parishioners the same way Jesus did to the money-changers in the temple. A lot of parishioners don't know that they are driving their pastors crazy by some of their actions. In this blog post I want to show you the four ways you could be driving your pastor crazy without knowing it.
1. YOU COME TO CHURCH LATE.
For some weird reason, you just can't make it to church on time. You always show up right when your pastor is  in the middle of his sermon. And now he has to pause and wait for you to settle into your seat before he continues with his sermon.
2. YOU SOCIAL NETWORK YOUR WAY THROUGH THE SERVICE.
One of the best way to make your pastor feel irrelevant and boring is to social network your way through his sermon. Just whip out your smart phone and start twitting or Facebooking, while he is preaching. There is no better way to make your pastor feel inadequate.
3. TAKE A BATHROOM BREAK
It is not enough that you came to church late. You can really stick it to your pastor by getting up multiple times during his sermon to go use the bathroom. Trust me, it will drive him crazy.
4. SLEEP
Do you really want to mess your pastor up? Fall asleep in the middle of his sermon. I am talking about real sleep; the type that produces snores and drools. It doesn't matter how anointed your pastor is, all he has to do is take one look at you, sleeping and snoring and his anointing will fizzle away.

GET, DIARY OF AN ANGRY PASTOR FOR  0.99 CENTS by following this link:
http://amzn.com/B0082T989K

No comments:

Post a Comment